LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talking to Fireberd 6000A 8000 in labview

Anyone here who works with the Fireberd products such as the 6000A, 8000, etc.. in Labview.  When sending asynchronous data to the Fireberd using Mark, Space, & 1:1, I didn't have any problems.  However, when sending FOX pattern, it complains "Asynchronous Pattern Contention".  And when sending data from the Fireberd to Labview, I couldn't receive anything.  Would anyone knows what is the best way to tweak Labview to accommodate these issues?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(5,205 Views)

I've used the 6000 with the RS-232, V.35, T1, E1, etc modules. You have not mentioned what you are using. As the help mentions, not all combinations of patterns/frequency are allowed so provide the rest of the information. You should also look up the information in the manual. Can you select the pattern from the front panel?

What measuement or status are you attempting that cannot be read? Can you do an Init where you request the id of the instrument?

You need to attach your program if you really want it 'tweaked'.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(5,179 Views)

Dennis, you're thinking of remote control.  Remote control works fine for me over over both async serial & GPIB, I do it mostly over GPIB for the most parts.  My question was sending data back and forth between Labview & Fireberd via asynchronous serial (9600-8-N-1). There is also a null modem connector in between.  My equipment is really simple, I use similar async controller on the back of my computer, just like yours.  Mark, Space, &1:1 worked fine, sync ok for 1minute then stop but when changing to PGM or FOX, it stops working.  Even when I set PGM to a simple pattern such as 111100, it won't work ...instead it complains "Async Pattern Contention"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(5,140 Views)
so you are sending data to the pc and using VISA to read it and write it back? The error message is coming from the fireberd?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(5,127 Views)

Hi guys,

I just started exploring the fireberd 6000. Im trying to communicate with the instrument, but with no luck. Im using a db9 to db25 cable, connected to the r232/printer port of the fireberd, then to the prolific usb to serial of pc. I have already set the auxillary to RC:232.

Im using hypertrm to connect but unsuccessful. Any ideas to do this?

Thanks and regards,

B

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(5,005 Views)

Dear B,

What do you mean by you are unsucessful? Are you getting an error message? This information will help me understand what you are experiencing.

Perry S.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,988 Views)

Does anyone know how to issue the Restart command using the LabView driver for the 6000A that is downloadable from NI?

I'm configuring the the Fireberd using the config basic setups for data rate and PN pattern and occasionally need to restart the sync loss and bit error count without resetting all of the Fireberd settings.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,954 Views)

Hi Tdibble,

Here is the referance manual for the 6000A. It should have the command that you are looking for. It might be in the Auxillary Commands section.

http://www.artisan-scientific.com/info/ttc_fireberd_6000_manual.pdf

Perry S.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,940 Views)

Found it!

It is in the FB6KRSLT.LLB in the control test results.vi

I guess I just did dig long enough.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,929 Views)

Does anyone have any info on the trades between using Async and GPIB for control of the Fireberd 6000 with LabView?  I noticed the LabView instrument driver on the NI website specifies GPIB control so I assume development time would be easier with GPIB.  Does Async offer any other capabilities or benefits that GPIB does not include?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,896 Views)