LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking out the string and DBL variables out from a for loop

Firstly, I read couple of previous from post and people are directed to consumer/producer example loops I couldn't manage to make my one work.

I have a VI which reads 100 speed points and graphs them one by one with the for loop I would like to take out this graph out of  the for loop. Secondly, a hex string is generated by concatenating some other constant stuff. I would like to take out this generated string and make a subvi which inputs (tyre diameter,nominal rpm, file path, 5 other pink strings) and output (generated string, and the rpm values and graph them one by one).

Thanks in advance. Yes I know it's been asked and it is in examples but I couldn't make it work.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,294 Views)

Well how can we help you make something work when all you provide is a paragraph full of words?

Do you call your mechanic on the phone and ask him to troubleshoot why it won't run?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,289 Views)

forgot to attach the VI.

Summary: I want to take the 5 outputs out of the for loop to make a sub-VI which I couldn't manage to. I am asking for help how to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,277 Views)

Hi ardahatunoglu,

@ardahatunoglu wrote:

I have a VI which reads 100 speed points and graphs them one by one with the for loop I would like to take out this graph out of  the for loop. Secondly, a hex string is generated by concatenating some other constant stuff.

Your VI will read a whole spreadsheet, not just "100 points".

There are no "graphs" in the VI, just 3 charts.

@ardahatunoglu wrote:
I would like to take out this generated string and make a subvi which inputs (tyre diameter,nominal rpm, file path, 5 other pink strings) and output (generated string, and the rpm values and graph them one by one).

Where do you fail in "take out this string"?

Why don't you wire the string to your next subVI, with all those other parameters you wrote?

Summary: I want to take the 5 outputs out of the for loop to make a sub-VI which I couldn't manage to. I am asking for help how to do it.

check.png

I just placed a flat sequence frame around your 5 indicators: all you need to do is to select this frame and use "Edit->Create SubVI" from the menu…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,268 Views)

I still can not make a subVI which has inputs (tyre diameter,nominal rpm, file path, 5 other pink strings) and outputs (generated strings(x2), and the rpm values and chart them one by one). I need to get the 5 outputs out of the for loop so that I can make a sub vi  which has 7 inputs and 5 outputs.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,252 Views)

Hi ardahatunoglu,

using my recommendation from above you will get a subVI with 5 inputs. All you need to do is to add two more inputs and 5 outputs (which is very basic LabVIEW stuff)!

How to add those inputs/outputs to VIs is explained in the Training resources offered in the header of this LabVIEW board.

I guess you already noticed them and started to learn LabVIEW!?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,247 Views)

@ardahatunoglu wrote:

forgot to attach the VI.

Uhhhh.  It's not attached.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,235 Views)

because it's in the first message

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,227 Views)

Okay.  Thanks.

It wasn't obvious since that message was edited.  And your second message set it was attached, that implied it was attached to THAT message.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,213 Views)