LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tachometer pulse to rpm in cRio

hello, 

I am currently working on a bearing monitoring project using cRio 9022, and NI 9233 for acquiring the accelerometer signals and NI 9215 for the tachometer signal. I am using the scan mode interface for the project and I would like convert the acquired tachometer signal to rpm. I would really appreciate any response.

Thanks

Edet

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,514 Views)

It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,511 Views)

hi

i am using this code as well it is running but it is not showing any reading

do i need to make any changes in there

but i try to change te cvalues it does not allow me 

what should i do now

i m using crio 9022

ni 9233

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,205 Views)

Can you share exactly what code you're using?

Please include a Snippet of your code, or attach your VIs, so that we can better assist you.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,201 Views)

it was the same code as you put it above 

i just attach it again it is giving me infinty valure of rpm

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,188 Views)

i have used ni 9215 to get tachometer reaqding today so it is showing some reading on fpga target file but it is not showing anything on real time file.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,173 Views)

Personally, I would not use scan engine for measureing vibration and speed.  You are limited in sample rates, and DSA modules do not really work well in scan mode. 

Consider this reference design:

http://www.ni.com/example/31206/en/

This will give you a DAQ view of the sensor data, then you can do RPM calculations in RT on the 9215 waveform, and also vibration spectral measurements in RT on the vibration data. 

The Sound and VIbration Measurement Suite has some great tools there as well. 

Hope this helps. 

Preston Johnson
Solutions Manager, Industrial IoT: Condition Monitoring and Predictive Analytics
cbt
512 431 2371
preston.johnson@cbtechinc
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,166 Views)