From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table's edit position doesn't update on first iteration of shift register.

Hello all,
I'm using a Property Node to highlight the active row (using a shift register) in a table as indexing takes place. When I hit run, the first row should get selected, but it doesn't. From then on, it works fine, i.e., row 2 gets highlighted and off it goes. Probably something simple - any help?

How do I include a vi or a screen shot in this forum?
Richard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,457 Views)
You have to initialize the shift register before you start the loop. Set the "edit position" as [0,0] and wire it to the shift register.
The example is attached.
To attach file to your posting you have to press the button "Attach files" bellow the edit box where you write the text. Then select the file and write the comment.

Good luck.

Oleg Chutko.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,457 Views)
Thanks so much Oleg, but that's not quite it. I wasn't explicit enough in my explanation of what I'm doing. I'm highlighting the active row with a different color than than the non-active row with a method I found on this site. "Highlighting Selected Rows in a Table". vi attached. Now, if you look at the attached jpeg, notice the property node. This is where I'm letting the program highlight rows as it programatically runs through the cells. Like I said before, it works fine starting at row 2, but it will not "catch" row 1. I've tried different initialization tricks to no avail.
Richard

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,457 Views)
Just want to thank the user's of this forum for thier help, and say that my problem was fixed (quite by accident) by eliminating a RACE CONDITION from a PROPERTY NODE. So... beginners (like me) BEWARE THE TEMPTATION of Property Nodes and Local Variables!
Richard

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,457 Views)