LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TabControl_HidePages_Image+Text option

Hello

I am working with LabVIEW 2016 32bit on Win7 64bit OS, but can see the following behavior in LabVIEW 2015 SP1 32bit as well.

I added some pages to a tab control and selected Advanced options "Tab Layout -> Image+Text". I then included an image only for the last page in the tab control. Refer to picture "All Pages.png"

Then, I hid all the pages between the first and the last pages. Refer to picture "Hide Pages.png"

I notice that the label for the last page (which has the image) is not shown fully.  Setting for Tab Size is "Set to Tab Contents".

Did any one else face this problem? Is this a known issue? What is the expected behavior here?

When I change the Tab Size setting to "Justify Tabs" the page name is visible fully, but I do not like the look of it. Refer to picture "Justify Pages.png". Also the size of each page label changes when pages are shown and hidden programmatically during the application.

The only way I can get this working is to set Tab Size as "Fixed Tab Size" and manually set the size for the tab. This option will also not look good when I have long page names.

Pleae advise

Regards

Freelance_LV

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,446 Views)

Yes, I had such troubles recently with TAB pages. I did not find a satisfying workaround, and I gave up the fight using these built-in features. I managed to program the desired features NOT using (not shown at all) the tab page selectors. Instead, I used custom Boolean buttons showing the required png images/decorations/text. When the user clicks on these buttons, I programmatically switch the TAB to the corresponding page.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,428 Views)

Hello Blokk

It feels good to know that this problem is not for me alone.

Thank you for the idea of using buttons.

Regards

Freelance_LV

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,385 Views)