cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab page not giving command if not selected

Solved!
Go to solution

hi friend

i have project with tab control which have 8 pages. at last page i have control to switch on/off lights at particular time. when i set time in tab page and i be at same page it works fine(on/off lights) but if i set time and move to other page it not working. it looks like page only refresh on which i viewing.?/

any help please.

Thanks,

Asif

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,639 Views)

Please attach your VI.

It is impossible to help someone solve a problem when they don't show the code that has the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,634 Views)

Asif138 wrote:

i have project with tab control which have 8 pages. at last page i have control to switch on/off lights at particular time. when i set time in tab page and i be at same page it works fine(on/off lights) but if i set time and move to other page it not working. it looks like page only refresh on which i viewing.?/

Do you have problems with the front panel updates and the lights still switch on/of at the programmed time, or does nothing work if you are on a different tab page? As already mentioned, we really need to see some simplified code that demonstrates the problem. Is the terminal of the tab control connected to e.g. a case structure?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,614 Views)

it does nothing when i am on other page. i doesnt have any case structure. when i am on same page it works.When i am on "drive fan and meter"page its working. and if other than this page.its not working.

Thanks,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,520 Views)

please check this

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,518 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Asif138

Your tab terminal IS connected to a case structure, so if the tab is on another page, none of the other cases will execute. You need to disconnect the tab terminal (does not need to be connected to anything!) and place all code that needs to run continuously inside the toplevel loop. Think dataflow!

TabConnected.png

(You still have a lot of dataflow issues, for example part of your code will continue forever while the FOR loop at the bottom will complete. Your various "save" buttons need to be set before the VI is executed because their value will get read exactly once right after the program starts, etc.)

Message 6 of 16
(3,508 Views)

So what is that big structure that you have inside you while loop? 

Why do you think your code it not working ? 

Have you tried to debug the code ? Maybe used the Highlight Execution? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,506 Views)

Why is your VI 10 MB in size?  That is huge!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,454 Views)

if i disconnect tab connection with case structure it gives error. and i also need this tab because i have different I/Os at different tab pages.(see attachment)

i really do not understand what to do as i am not expert. this is just my first project in labview.

Thanks,

Asif 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,441 Views)

Why are you attaching an image of the front panel? No relevant information. You IO should depend on the overall program state, not on the tab. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,438 Views)