cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab controlling - Disappear , Grey out, Skip

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Friends,

I need help in LabView regarding the Tab control. Below are the details regarding it:

I am using a Tab window with 4tabs.

-> In tab 1 I am using a dropdown to chose A or B or C. # A, B, C are the respective tabs

-> When user selects A and clicks 'Next' on the tab 1 it should navigate to respective tab A and other tabs should either disappear ior grey out

-> Same with B and C too. 

-> After selecting 'Next' it should navigate to respective tab and others should either disappear or greyout.

Please find the attached file.

Can someone please help me through this.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,901 Views)

Use an event structure that has a case for each of the Next buttons.  (You might want to rename those terminals from "OK" "OK 2" to "Next" "Next 2" "Next 3" to be slightly more meaningful.)

In the event cases write a value to the tab control terminal to cause it to change to the appropriate page.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,889 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author iamrp

If you use a menu ring control rather than the Combo box, you get a numeric output. Change the tab to an indicator and wire the menu ring to the tab indicator.  You can make the tabs invisible all the time and put free labels on the tab pages indicating which device has been selected.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,887 Views)

Thanks for your help. 

I was able to figure out the way. 

I have an additional question regarding the same. Please find the attached file.

I have 2 Tab windows:

I was able to implement the logic on each window individually. But I need to merge it. 

--.> Select Gateway from dropdown

-- > Tool will navigate to respective tab

-- > Now here I should have another drop down box (To select Node)

-- > Selecting one from the dropdown over here should redirect to the respective tab

Please let me know if this is not clear.

Thanks for your help and time.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,866 Views)

I think I understand what you are asking.

First let me point out that your current program cannot be stopped by the stop buttons once you navigate away from the Gateway tab page. Probably the easiest fix is to move the Stop buttons off the tab controls.  Then it is always available.

You can make a control appear to be on all pages without duplicating it many times.  You start with the control off the tab control. Select the (ring) control.  It will have the dashed lines surrounding its border. Then use the keyboard arrow keys - NOT the mouse - to move it to the place you want it to be in front of the tab control. You will see a heavy black shadow on two sides while in edit mode but that will disappear when it runs.  Note that you need to be sure that the space where you are moving it is empty on all tab pages.

If you do not want the second selector to be visible until a tab has been selected on the first Gateway, you can use the Visible property node to control its visibility.

As Ravens Fan pointed out earlier, the use of the event structure can make the code much simpler and you will not need a loop spinning just to poll the ring controls.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,852 Views)