LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab control resizes unexpectedly

Hello,

I have an issue with a Tab control that autosizes automatically. I have made the Tab a strict typedef control with a fixed tab size, disabled Auto Grow.

However, when I move around or place any controls/indicators, the Tab will automatically grows in width and I cannot reduce it.

I disconnect it with from the Typedef then this behaviour stops. Could someone explain why this occurs as I thought a stric typedef should have all properties identical?

Thanks,
Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,248 Views)

@DavidT wrote:

I disconnect it with from the Typedef then this behaviour stops. Could someone explain why this occurs as I thought a stric typedef should have all properties identical?

Why this occurs? IYAM, it's a bug. A pretty obscure one, but a bug nonetheless.

It seems the Auto grow property is always true when the control is a strict type def. Disconnect from typedef seems to confirm that, Auto grow is true after doing that.

Note that when the instantiation of the strict type def has changed in size, updating the strict type def (Apply changes is enough) will set the instance straight again. Maybe that's a workaround?

Message 2 of 3
(2,223 Views)

I will try again when I'm back in the office but I  don't think the Apply Changes from the strict typedef works. For now I will just disconnect and work around it.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,190 Views)