LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab and new line constant test

I have a vi that I am trying to test. On the FP I have a string box (where I want to enter  the test data) and a cluster of various types where I will extract the entered data to. I am wondering how I would enter the data. My program uses the search/string split vi (by way of tab constant and end of line constant) and the string subset vi in order to extract the data and put it in the correct location. I can provide a vi if necessary, but I think this shouldn't bet this hard. I have tried typing and even some of the ascii codes from the ascii chart for the end of line and tab constants by putting them after some text, but this doesn't seem to work. Please help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,010 Views)
Maybe you can set your text input box display to '\'-codes. Now you can enter \t for tab and \n for newline, for example.
Message 2 of 6
(4,005 Views)

For the search and split the tab should be specified as "\t" with the string constant NOT set for "slash codes".

Same thing to for the "\n".

Ben

OK, I am out numbered! Smiley Mad

Message Edited by Ben on 08-20-2007 10:01 AM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,001 Views)
Right click on your string control and select "\ codes display".  Now when you enter characters in there, you can type \r for carriage return (ASCII 13)  \n for line feed (ASCII 10) and \t for tab (ASCII 9).
Message 4 of 6
(3,997 Views)
As you can see, there is some confusion and it would help if you could attach a small example program. Are you trying to enter the "input string" or the "search string" via front panel?

Actually, ben was probably thinking about "search and replace pattern".

Message Edited by altenbach on 08-20-2007 08:07 AM

Message 5 of 6
(3,992 Views)
I have been able to get it working with the selection of the /-codes. Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,968 Views)