From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWO independent square wave generators on sbrio9632 fpga

I am using sbrio9632, I need to generate 2 different PWM signals for driving 2 different motors in the same time. I`ve put 2 square wave generators but when I change the parameters (frequency, duty cycle) of the first generator, the parameters of the second generator are automatically changed. So i supose that there is only one square wave generator that can be used. Any solution ? Is it possible to use 2 different square generators on the same board ?

Thank you !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,027 Views)

The Square Wave Generator is a little quirky when operating outside of a Single-Cycle Timed Loop, because it needs to ensure that it is called at a rate that will produce the edges of the square wave with precise timing. So it operates similar to a loop timer, in that it blocks execution until it is ready to output a high-low or low-high transition. See the example at examples\R Series\FPGA Fundamentals\Analysis and Control\Square Wave Generator\Square Wave Generator (FPGA).vi for more information.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,008 Views)