LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRIED EVERYTHING - DAQ Assistant missing in Express, instrument detected in MAX but not in LabView

Solved!
Go to solution

I now understand that I was installing the runtime version of the driver which didn't have ADE components. But the full version installer of the driver isn't opening.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(1,273 Views)

Probably the file got corrupted during the download.

To make sure it is fine you can compare the MD5 checksums. It should be adf0640ce96cf81efbe7db64b41e5b7a

You can generate a checksum for example with this tool: http://www.winmd5.com/ (it works for me)

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(1,271 Views)

I downloaded it one more time from the official site using the dedicated downloader. Same problem with that one too. The files are same is size.

Ran the checksum and they match.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(1,267 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Asgardus

That's interesting. I found some information stating that it was happening for some other people too (it seems to be dependent on system version and software installed on a particular machine).

What worked for one person was to uninstall LV 64bit...

Some other things you can try:

- download NI-DAQmx 16.0.0

- unpack the NIDAQ1610f3.exe (using for example 7-zip) and manually run the setup.exe

- run Windows Update

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,257 Views)

I ran it in winrar and extracted the files. The setup worked as you mentioned, thanks. Another quick question, do I have to install the whole NI DAQmx 16.1 driver inside the instr.lib directory of LabView so that it detects my NI PCI 6123 card? I installed it independently in the National Instruments directory.

Also, shouldn't Labview automatically detect the card when I click on connect to instruments on the welcome window? It still shows no connected instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,248 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Asgardus

The driver installs to multiple locations. It's best to leave the default install options.

The "Connect to instruments" tool is meant for third party traditional instruments that need external drivers (scopes, DMMs etc.). If you had anything like that connected to your PC via USB/GPIB/RS-232 it would appear there.

MAX is the hardware management tool for LabVIEW - if you see a device there it means it will be accessible from LabVIEW.

Message 16 of 17
(1,246 Views)

The DAQ assistant is there now and I can finally start working on the project. For other visitors with the same problem:

1. Install the correct and full version of NI DAQmx 16.1 driver. Not the runtime or runtime with config if you want support for LabView. Refer to -

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6E0B29A6F1F7459486257A760010DE1A

2. Install driver after installing Labview and keep the installation directory as it is.

3. If the NI extractor doesn't work, just use any other extractor (WinRAR, 7zip etc.) to unpack files and run setup.

4. Make sure ADE components are ticked using custom install option.

5. LabView won't show NI devices as connected instruments. MAX is enough to use them in LabView.

Hope this helps. And thanks alot for your help @stockson.

Message 17 of 17
(1,233 Views)