LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRIED EVERYTHING - DAQ Assistant missing in Express, instrument detected in MAX but not in LabView

Solved!
Go to solution

Device - NI PCI 6123

Device shows up in windows device manager and works perfectly in MAX. But Labview can't detect it and DAQ Assistant functions doesn't show up. I have referred to the compatibility chart and installed the latest versions of LabView 64 bit (16.1) and DAQmx (16.1.0) in that order from the website. I have already spent hours reading through previous posts and trying all the solutions given.

OS - Windows 7 64 bit

Tried solutions - Clean install by deleting everything, cleaning registry, downloading everything required, installing VISA and all other updates that are offered.

Worth noting, I'm using an Evaluation version. Does that cause this? Very very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(4,574 Views)

Hi,

can you check your LabVIEW version? LabVIEW 16.1 was never released. Do you mean LabVIEW Developer Suite 2016 DS1?

And when you were installing DAQmx did you make sure LabVIEW 64 bit support was checked? To do that you need to select the custom installation option. Then you will see something like this:

daqmx.JPG

Also be sure to confirm the installation path if you installed LabVIEW in a custom location (D:\ drive etc.).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(4,540 Views)

Sorry, I mistyped in my anger/frustration. I meant LabView 2016. But I have gone through the installation so many times and I did not see any dialogue that asked for a custom installation and understandably, the Application Support components weren't listed at the time of installation. I shall try again tomorrow as I'm back from the lab. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(4,535 Views)

This is what you will see after clicking the first "Next":

daqmx2.JPG

You should select "Custom" to see the options I mentioned.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(4,530 Views)

I have uninstalled and re-installed daqmx 16.1 several times today but I am positive that this dialogue never appeared once.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(4,528 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Asgardus

If you downloaded from this link, it has to be there. It's basically in all our installers.

Message 6 of 17
(4,513 Views)

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I shall check on the workstation again tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(4,511 Views)

My pleasure 🙂

Please also check if the rest of the DAQmx palette appears. I'm curious if it's only the Express functions missing or the whole DAQmx API.

Another thing you can do is to check if this location exists:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\vi.lib\express\ [default installation location for files related to express functions for 64bit LabVIEW]

If not, please try this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\vi.lib\express\ [the same but for 32bit LabVIEW]

And by the way - usually LabVIEW 32bit is the recommended one. 64bit version doesn't add much apart from larger memory you can access.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(4,506 Views)

I downloaded NI DAQmx 16.1.0 from this link which is the official website-

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-16.1/6424/en/

I checked by uninstalling and restarting the installer. In this installer, there is no option to select a custom or standard version. The feature tree opens on its own in the next dialogue and it doesn't contain the Application Development branch altogether, so maybe the files required aren't there to start with.

Interestingly, the link that you have provided is a 1.8 GB file while the above is a 1.3 GB file.

Also, I used the 32 bit LabView initially as I don't need more than 4GB but after I was running out of options, I tried with the 64 bit version hoping the problem would go away after reading a similar case in the forums.

I am downloading from the link you have provided and hopefully everything should fall into place this time. Will update soon. Thanks

Message 9 of 17
(4,476 Views)

I get this error as soon as I click on the file downloaded through that link - The application has stopped working.

Problem details:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    NIDAQ1610f3.exe
  Application Version:    0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    4aef3fa7
  Fault Module Name:    NIDAQ1610f3.exe
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4aef3fa7
  Exception Code:    c000001d
  Exception Offset:    73d18718
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48