cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRANSPOSE 1D ARRAY TO SEARCH AFTER

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

What I want to do is transpose 1D array (I have it in a column) to use after the function "Search 1D array", that only works if the array is linear. I have no possibility to change before the original 1D array to row. I have to transpose it from column to row. Any idea?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,254 Views)
I'm not sure I understand your question.  As I read it, you're confused about the 1D array; you can call it either a row or column.  Are you asking about changing an indicator on the front panel or the representation of your data in memory?  Perhaps post some of your code.
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,243 Views)

Hi jcarmody,

I want to change the representation of the data in memory (I think). The objective is to search in 1D array a value, but the function "search 1D array", only do the search linearly, so i have to change the data in the arry from column to row.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,236 Views)

Hi aristoy,

Can you please elobrate more on this

What do you mean by "change the data in the arry from column to row", Are you using 2D array or 1D array?

Change the representaion of the data in memory means do you want to change the index of element?

Regards

Santosh

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,228 Views)

Hi aristoy,

I understand your question little bit.

1) you cant able to connect the 2D array to the Search 1D Array.

2) if u want to search a element in a 2D array then u need to  index your 2D array to a for loop using auto index function and need to search row by row.

3) After that if u auto indexed the data outside the for loop then u get a transposed array.

I want to know whats your problem?.Do u want search a element directly usind some functions?

Balaji PK (CLA)
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,223 Views)
Solution
Accepted by aristoy

Sorry,

I thought that I needed the data in a row, but the problem was the precision to search the value with "Search 1D array".

There is no problem, sorry one more time.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,221 Views)

aristoy wrote:

the function "Search 1D array", that only works if the array is linear.

The help page says "Because the search is linear, you need not sort the array before calling this function".  This doesn't require you to do anything to your 1D array, it only means that the search will stop at the first element that matches what you're looking for.

Btw, the OpenG Search 1D Array function will return an array of match indexes.

Show us your code and we'll be able to answer your question.

1. Were you searching an array of Doubles?
  2. I think you still misunderstand the nature of a 1D array.
Message Edited by jcarmody on 06-10-2009 05:48 AM
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,214 Views)

All is ok, don't worry jcarmody.

I was wrong. The problem was that I couldn't find the result because of the precision (Display format). But now, the problem is solved.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,187 Views)