LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPC 2215, new touch panel does not run normal labview programs?

We recently bought a PC (PPC-2115, normal win-XP) from NI for an industrial application. Now we heard that that unit is discontinued soon, so repair service will be very limited. We want to change to another iPC. NI suggests TPC-2215 touch panel with windows-7 embedded. But then they say that we need a special Touch Panel license to make exe-files for this PC.

If this is true it makes the TPC 2215 a very bad choice for us. Both that we have to pay a new licence, but most that new introduce a new taget. The exe-file we make for the TPC-2215 cannot be run on any normal PC (during tests, as backup if the TPC needs service etc.). Since we already have a bunch of normal iPC (different brands, including NI) we have to compile every program twice, one for touch panel, and one for normal labview runtime.

So is it really true that a normal labview program "hello-world.exe" will not run on the new TPC-2215?

(sampe question would apply to TPC-2206 and TPC-2212)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,388 Views)

I can now confirm that I can use our normal license to make normal windows executable files. So I am happy!

Only the disk is a little too small, but I heard that should be changed soon.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,115 Views)