LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TPA81(FPGA) Robotics Examples on Dani Robot

Hi Marshall,

I have changed the address but nothing changed in the results. Today, when I was compiling the FPGA I2C_Port_VI and specify the Port9/DIO8 and Port 9/DIO7 as SCK and DATA, there was a code generation error saying FIFO missing a function, and the details are ''The Target Scoped FIFO needs to have both a Read method and a Write method present on the block diagram. Add a Write function on the block diagram for this I/O"

So do you think this is the reason why I can not run this program successfully?

Meanwhile is it neccessary to compile all the subVI such as FPGA_I2C_Read Byte.vi, FPGA_I2C_Start.vi, FPGA_I2C_Start.vi etc. before I run the Denvantech TPA81 Read Temperature Array (FPGA).vi ?

Looking forward to your reply?

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(832 Views)

Hi Marshall,

I have tried the suggestion you gave me and still got the same results as before. However, when I was compiling the FPGA I2C_I2CPort.vi, there was an error saying

FIFO missing a function: "I2C_Write Data" FIFO Read

"I2C_Read Data" FIFO Write.

So do you think this is the reason why I can not successfully run the example vi.

By the way, there are also some subVIs in the 'Utility' folder like I2C_start.vi, I2C_stop.vi etc., is it necessay to compile these VIs before I run the example vi?

Thank you in advance.

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(817 Views)

Hi Jason,

This is most likely the cause of the problem.  

Rather than compiling the FPGA I2C_I2CPort VI sub VI, try compiling the top level Devantech TPA81 (FPGA) VI.  You need only compile the top level VI before running the example.  Sub VIs will compile when the top level VI is compiled.  

At the moment, you are trying to compile a lower level VI which does not recognize that both a read and write method is being used for each of your target scoped FIFOs.

Let me know if this helps.

Marshall B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(795 Views)

Hi Marshall, 

I have found where the problem lies. It works when I just built a I2C bus myself and made Dani robot and my sensor as two devices on the bus. Thank you for the help you've given me.

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(784 Views)

Good morning Jason, could you explain to me how fixed the problem?
I tried but I could not
thanks

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(728 Views)