Did you mean: 

TIMING ISSUE IN lab view fpga 2012

Hi ni

I have  vi like below that that have been complied to fpga 

nm3.png

the vi have two loop that have execute in parallel in fpga,

I have been worked on xilinx ise 14.1 tools for one year the timing was clear

but when I moved to labview fpga many issues is hidden which are

1-how to calculate maximum frequency for each loop ???

I have capture some image but I did not the right answer

nm1.png

nm2.png

2- number of clock signal or name of clock signal for each loop???

I was supprsed to see three source form xilinx log

nim4.png

3-how to now maximum path that effete on maximum frequency????

best regards

m.s

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,746 Views)

Any help ??!! any information>>!!
I really wait answer..

Dose any one have connection with ni team that have build or have information about labviw view fpga

best regads

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,717 Views)

Hi mangood,

I believe that your answers will be included in the Xilinx Log file “XilinxLog.txt”. This includes the Xilinx specific details about the compilation process.

Regards,

steve.bm
AE | NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,698 Views)

what about this ???

sldsdjfklsfkds.png

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,692 Views)

Hi,

The problem come from the frequency of the read/write memory. You have to do both in the same timming domain.

So change you while loop for a timed while loop. But be care full with the SCTL. In FPGA timed while loop execute all the code in one tick of the clock define by the clock input of the timed loop.

regards Marc.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,668 Views)

@Marc-Henri wrote:

Hi,

The problem come from the frequency of the read/write memory. You have to do both in the same timming domain.

So change you while loop for a timed while loop. But be care full with the SCTL. In FPGA timed while loop execute all the code in one tick of the clock define by the clock input of the timed loop.

regards Marc.

Dear:

""read/write memory. You have to do both in the same timming domain."""

I think their an arbitrate circuit that solve this problem

is this right !!!!

""So change you while loop for a timed while loop.:::

do you mean that ""timed while  loop"" is single cycle loop???
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the main problem was in value of frequency that appear in the image

specially in this image

sldsdjfklsfkds.png

80MHZ,313MHZ

these value is vague or unclear

the help of labview say that only the requested frequency less than maximum freq

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,658 Views)

Hi,

Yes, in FPGA Timed while loop is a single cycle loop. As I say in my previous message, all the code in this type of loop will be executed in one cycle. SCTL in LabVIEW FPGA

For the arbitration circuit, I don't know, but in my last FPGA project I have to do the read/write in the same frequency domain.

This image show you the result of the compilation. It appears, you ask 50.00 MHz for the on board clock and the compiler say you can go up to 80.50 MHz. It's the same issu for ChinchClk you can go up to 313.28 MHz.

Regards, Marc.

Message 7 of 10
(2,649 Views)

@Marc-Henri wrote:

Hi,

This image show you the result of the compilation. It appears, you ask 50.00 MHz for the on board clock and the compiler say you can go up to 80.50 MHz. It's the same issu for ChinchClk you can go up to 313.28 MHz.

Regards, Marc.

dear Marc:

thank for replay

can please expalin to us this statment ""you ask 50.00 MHz for the on board clock and the compiler say you can go up to 80.50 MHz"""

and what this  word mean  ""ChinchClk""!!!!!!!

the kit has 50 MHZ frequency,what is realted to above statement

i really did not understand what you mean

its really an ambiguous thing

best regards

m.s

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,643 Views)

Hi mangood,

The default on board clock for the FPGA is 40 MHZ, but you can change this clock. It appears, you have choose to configure the clock at 50 MHz. I think that clock is imposed by the kit. The compiler check which max frequency can be use with you code and that max frequency is 80.5 MHz. It's just an information if you want to change the onboard clock. In other way, if you change something in you code, this value probably change greater or lower.

For "ChinchClk" it's the name of a clock that you use on the FPGA VI.

Regards Marc.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,632 Views)

@Marc-Henri wrote:

Hi mangood,

The default on board clock for the FPGA is 40 MHZ, but you can change this clock. It appears, you have choose to configure the clock at 50 MHz. I think that clock is imposed by the kit. The compiler check which max frequency can be use with you code and that max frequency is 80.5 MHz. It's just an information if you want to change the onboard clock. In other way, if you change something in you code, this value probably change greater or lower.

For "ChinchClk" it's the name of a clock that you use on the FPGA VI.

Regards Marc.

hi

thank you

now its clear to me

but as i understand from your word that the system request two clock !!!!! one of them its maximum value 80 and other 313??
my broad contain only 50 MHZ clock source!!! and i have only one fpga vi

best rgards

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,622 Views)