LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIME-PITCH SCALE...WHAT AM I DOING WRONG????

hello guys
i imported a wave file (mono) from my computer into labview for pitch estimation using the cepstrum algorithm (iFFT{log(abs(x))}).supposedly now the output of the cepstrum would be a clear peak showing the pitch of the signal right?why i am not getting anything like that?
i need to estimate the pitch so i can further do time-pitch scale of that signal using the TD-PSOLA algo.
i have attached my program below in LABVIEW 7 with a zip file containing a sound example.does anybody can suggest where i am wrong (obviously i am)?
any help is much appreciated
regards
alex
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,708 Views)
You should use the 'Sound File Read Simple.vi' to read-in the .wav file, not the 'Read from SGL File.vi'.
See the attached picture.

-Franz

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,696 Views)
hello
i cant seem to have the vi. you are talking about.what labview version are you using?im using v.7
where can i find it if its not in my labview?i searched in the sound&graphics functions and it was nowhere to be found
regards
alex
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,681 Views)

@madgreek wrote:
hello
i cant seem to have the vi. you are talking about.what labview version are you using?im using v.7
where can i find it if its not in my labview?i searched in the sound&graphics functions and it was nowhere to be found
regards
alex

Hi,
I'm sorry but I have no LV version 7 available at the moment. But I remember there was a similar .wav file read VI available before LV8. You could look under \examples\sound, I think the wav read is used in one of the examples
-Franz
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,669 Views)
In LV7.0, The VI you want is Snd Read Wave File.vi.  It is found under Sound and Graphics>>Sound>>Sound File.  The sound VIs underwent a major upgrade in LV8.0, so names and locations changed.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,641 Views)