LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THorlabs PM100D Powermeter error of Hex 0xBFFF000F

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I am using LabVIEW (LabVIEW 2020, 32-bit) to control the THorlabs PM100D Powermeter. Sometimes it works. But most of the time, it shows an error of Hex 0xBFFF000F. I restart the VI and the PM100D. But the error is still here. Can anyone help me? Attached the VI and the picture of the error.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,119 Views)

An error like that usually means that something else is trying to control the device and hasn't let go of it properly.

Any chance you are using external software besides LabVIEW to control this device?

I would also bet that the device would work after a complete reboot of your PC.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,109 Views)

Yes. You are right. I agree with you. But the problem is that I don't know what is controlling the PM100D. Do you have suggestions what I can do?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,063 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Heyongchn1989

If you're not starting up other software yourself, then the things to check would be:

* Processes started by other users

* Software that runs on startup

* Windows system processes

Look for anything related to Thorlabs or IVI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(1,050 Views)

Are you using it with any other software like Matlab? or similar?

CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,040 Views)

Thank you very much! The problem was solved. I uninstall all the related software and only install the PM100D driver. It works well now.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,013 Views)

Hello, I recently used LABVIEW to control PM100. Could you tell me where your THorlabs PM100D Powermeter LABVIEW  driver was downloaded? thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(828 Views)