From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEDS Hardware Changes Not Propogating

Solved!
Go to solution

Using the below sample VI:

http://www.ni.com/example/27195/en/

I have the cDAQ-9174 chassis with a 9219 card with labview 16 and a Maxim ds2433 TEDS chip. When I run the program it detects the TEDS chip and reads it just fine. My only issue is if I put the TEDS chip in a new slot it reads it in the previous slot, as well as the new slot.

Example:

1. TEDS in cDAQ3Mod3/ai2 and read chip just fine using example VI.

2. Physically move chip to cDAQ3Mod3/ai3

3. Reading the teds chip works fine! But if I read the TEDs chip on ai2, it still pulls in the info as if the chip is still there.

This issue persists after restarted and replugging in the chassing.

I would like to find a way to fix this so sensors can be swapped out routinely and detected properly no matter what slot they exist in.

Is this a known issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,844 Views)

Hey SpongeBob! (great nickname BTW)

I am not really familiar with this issue but I would like you to try to reset your MAX config. Before you do this please back up your actual database because this will erase all yout tasks, scales and simulated hardware.

Backup

Restore Database

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,794 Views)

Thanks for the reply! Kelvin I'm assuming? 🙂

After resetting my MAX config it did not fix the issue.

My small program detects the TED chip on ai2 then when I plug the chip into ai1 then unplug/replug the chassis in, the program detects it properly on ai1 BUT it also sees it on ai2.

Going into MAX confirms that it sees it on both so if I manually go in and configure TEDS and scan for HW change on ai2 it gives error -200709 as expected (no TEDS found) and it eliminates it as an option and then my program detects the proper TEDS chip.

The easiest way is if there's a function in Labview that allows to manually scan for hardware changes on a specific channel. All the methods I've seen simply refer to physical channel property nodes with cached data and only polls the TEDs chip if it has reason to believe one was added, but not removed.

Download All
Message 3 of 5
(2,783 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SpongebobSquarepants

I figured it out!

The "daqmx configure teds" VI without a virtual TEDS file forces the program to actually read the TEDS chip instead of pulling from the MAX configuration. This will probably be my go-to band-aid unless NI comes out with a function that explicitly reads a channel's TEDS chip. 

Message 4 of 5
(2,773 Views)

Hey! That's great! Glad to hear that and thanks for posting it. This will give us more insight of this issue! 

P.D. You assumed Right  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
(2,769 Views)