LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDS5034

Hello,

Has abyone used the labview driivers from Tektronix to get a waveform from a TDS5034B scope? I have obtained waveforms from the TDS1XXX series and scopes and I am having a hrad time finding the equivalent vis for the TDS 5034B.

Regards,

Kaspar
Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 48
(4,968 Views)
If you're referring to the drivers found here, the VI is "tkdpo7k Read (Single Waveform)" / "tkdpo7k Read (Multiple Waveforms)". There's an example in there as well.
Message 2 of 48
(4,953 Views)
Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me. The first thing I did was properly rate your response with a 5 (the best). I will install the selected drivers and see what happens. I will get back to you with the results.

Thanks

Kaspar
Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 48
(4,949 Views)

Hello,

I used the driver that you told me about and I am able to capture a waveform. Now I can move on to other fun stuff with this scope such as loading setup files into the scope! So thanks again and I will ALWAYS remember to rate responses to my questions as best every time!

Regards,

Kaspar

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 48
(4,946 Views)

Hello,

I have looked thru the driver for the dpo7k and did not find a vi that allows me to load setup files into the TDS5034B. However I did get the programmers guide from Tektronix (917 pages) and on page 619 the is the RECALL:SETUP Command that allows me to load a setup file into the scope. A setup fiile (which is created by the user on the scope) contains all of the front panels settings for the scope. So once the user creates a file with their favorite scope settings, I will be able to load the setup file into the scope by loading the file they created. So I am assuming that all I have to to is build up a string with the correct syntax for the recall command  and............... presto........ the setup file will go into the scope.

The saga continues I will let you know how I make out and if you want the vi that I will write you can have it.

Regards,

Kaspar

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 48
(4,941 Views)

Hello,

I have created 3 vi's for the TDS5034B that capture a scope image (BMP file) obtain the setup info and releoad them into the scope. How do I append files to this forum?

Regards, Kaspar

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 48
(4,868 Views)
When you post or reply to a message, there's an attachment section below the message entry section. Click the Browse button to locate the file on your computer. You can attach the VIs individually or you can zip them up into a single archive. What are you trying to find out?
Message 7 of 48
(4,843 Views)
Hello,

Here are the vi's that I wrote to save image files from the scope and also to save and load the scope setup.  I am sure that in the next several days I will be updating these, when people other than myself start using them. I just want to make you aware if what is going on.

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 48
(4,836 Views)
Hello,

I have updated my code for the screen capture from the TDS5034B, the GPIB port is used to get the data out of the scope.

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 48
(4,771 Views)
Not sure, but are you asking for somebody to look at something?
Message 10 of 48
(4,764 Views)