LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDS Exception in Initialize: Tds Error: TdsErrNotTdsFile(-2503)

Good morning,

I recently used LabView 2016 to create a TDMS file containing data from a test-stand at my company. Normally when I do this, I can open the TDMS file and save it as an excel document with no problems. However, today I tried to open a data file and got the following error:

Error 1.PNG

When I selected "OK" in the error window, I got another error immediately afterwords:

Error 2.PNG

I have found a few forum posts on this topic, but all of the solutions are way above my head as far as the computer programming goes. Can anyone fix this file?

Additionally, is there any programming changes I can make to my VI (attached) to prevent this from happening in the future? I have attached the VI used to generate the TDMS file, as well as the associated TDMS/TDMS_index/TDMS log files.

Thanks a lot!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,713 Views)

Hi Meierdh,

You said you have previously created tdms files successfully, have you made any changes since that time?  Are you using the same computer as previously or updated any software?  Also, please try to create a blank tdms file, save it, and see if you can open it so maybe we can rule out problems with this specific tdms file.

Dillon LeDoux

Applications Engineering

National Instruments 

DillonL.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,682 Views)

Dillon,

Thanks for the response. I have previously created TDMS files using the VI I attached to my initial question. To my knowledge, the computer hasn't undergone any software updates recently. 

I just ran the VI and was able to create a TDMS file just fine.

Please let me know if you have any other comments. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,671 Views)

I am also seeing issues with the TDMS file not recording properly. Data that is displaying on the front panel is not being recorded in the TDMS file. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,665 Views)