LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS unable to open directory or ftp

I am using a cRIO 9113 chassis with a 9025 CPU mod.  The system is also using 9239 DAQ modules.  My Labview software is writing TDMS files to the c:\TDMSData directory on the cRIO.  I have tried using a Labview webdav application, command line ftp windows, command line ftp linux and Windows Filezilla to get the files but the connection disconnects when I try to enter the directory and either list the files or download a file.  If I use the cRIO web page and go to the files menu, I get a fatal error.  I have attached the error.  Does anyone know what may be causing this problem and/or how to resolve the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,907 Views)

Do you happen to know (or can you estimate) how many files you have created in your TDMSData Subdirectory?

From my experience VxWorks tends to "time-out" on a directory listing if the directory contains a few hundred (700 or more) files. At least that would explain your ftp errors, as a directory change usually also includes a list file commando.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,861 Views)

your conclusion is probably correct there was probably 1500 files in that directory I was able to get through with another method and delete those files and I'm working on testing that theory now.  thank you for your response I'll let you know the results

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,840 Views)

By the way, I don't think it's related to TDMS. It looks like a configuration or platform issue.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,827 Views)

@deppSu wrote:

By the way, I don't think it's related to TDMS. It looks like a configuration or platform issue.

Yes, as far as I know it is a platform issue of VxWorks If you happen to have about 1000 files in one directory, a "list directory" command will take (nearly) forever.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,784 Views)

Does anyone know if this problem occurs on the PXI Phar lap as well?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,751 Views)