LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS to Pi ASCII

I need to convert many files at the same time from the .tdms format to Pi ASCII, but I have two problems:

I don't know wich software use, I have a LabVIEW script, but it only converts one file per time. I was thinking about write something in MatLAB, but I don't know if it is possible.

When I convert a file from .tdms to Pi ASCII, I only have integers, the floats didn't write in the .txt and the floats have several important information.

Thanks to anyone who can help me!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,054 Views)

@daniserna wrote:

I have a LabVIEW script, but it only converts one file per time.

You can use List Folder to get a list of files to convert.  Then you just use a FOR loop to autoindex on the file array and convert.

@daniserna wrote:

When I convert a file from .tdms to Pi ASCII, I only have integers, the floats didn't write in the .txt and the floats have several important information.

Sounds like something is wrong with your code.  Post it and we may spot something.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,047 Views)

What does "Pi ASCII" mean?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,041 Views)

It means a .txt with Pi ASCII satandards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,035 Views)

@daniserna wrote:

How does "Pi ASCII" standard differ from ASCII standard?

But I would open them in LabVIEW and save them as a Tab delimited text file using the "%S" format so you don't lose any digits of accuracy due to rounding or conversion

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,026 Views)

@daniserna wrote:

I need to convert many files at the same time ...

A file access is not parallel, so I am guessing you just want to automate the successive processing of multiple files with one click.

What is a "LabVIEW script"? I am not familiar with that term. It seems you probably have a VI that can process one single file, so all you need is to place it in a FOR loop, iterating over all file paths.

If you are missing the fractional part, it is most likely that you either use the wrong tool or that the file uses a localized decimal point (period or comma) that differs.

Do you want to convert all tdms files in a given folder? How about subfolders? What should the output files go?

If you would show us your code, we could probably help you in an instant. Can you attach what you call "LabVIEW script"? Who wrote it?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(2,981 Views)

Hi danisema,

@daniserna wrote:

Do you want something like this? (That's what I found when googling for "Pi ASCII"…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 7 of 16
(2,858 Views)

Is the output of this hardware: https://www.cosworth.com/products/toolbox/

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(2,417 Views)

With LabVIEW Script I mean a Project or a VI.

I need to convert many files at the same time, but also I need to select a txt and a tdms file at the same time, this is the problem, I need to convert the tdms into a specific txt

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(2,411 Views)

Basically the output of this dahs:https://www.cosworth.com/products/toolbox/

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(2,410 Views)