LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS file attributes from test plan document

Hi,

I have a test plan document in excel. Each test case has different parameters. I would like to automatically enter all these parameters as attributes in the TDMS file during acquisition. For e.g. I would click on the test case which i am going to run next, this creates a TDMS file with all the parameters being read from the test case automatically. 

- What can be the most convinient way of doing this?

- Would writing a test plan in a TDMS file help?

- Is there a better way to synchronize test plan document and properties of the acquired data?

Regards,

Chirag

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,283 Views)

Im curious.  Is your question about whether it is possible to do this in LabVIEW? When you say "click on a test case" where are you clicking? Do you have a LabVIEW program?

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Professional Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,193 Views)

No. I don't have a program for this. I'm sure its possible to write a program in LabVIEW for this.

I just wanted to make sure this is the right approach and i'm not missing out on any known way to do it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,177 Views)

Is this program (reading the excel file then create, and write to the attributes of the TDMS file) also running the test and writing data to this file? Im trying to figure out the scope of the program.   

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified Professional Instructor
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,167 Views)