From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS Span Multiple Files

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know, if there is TDMS advanced function that allows span mutiple files to be created according to the number of samples? Something like DAQmx Logging.

In the end, the problem I have is that every time I want to create a new file to continue storing data, I have to reload all the properties. That is, I would like to be able to obtain a copy of all the properties.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,969 Views)

Use a DAQmx Read Property Node.  One of the available properties is Logging->Samples Per File.  That will tell DAQmx to start a new TDMS file after X samples were written to the file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,949 Views)

Having trouble getting that to work in loops with Nchannels and NSamp. Also tried "start new file" vi. Any tips/links to examples of use in a while loop?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,248 Views)

Hi Ollie,

You sound like you're trying to set the "Samples per File" property inside your loop. You need to set it before the loop instead - something like this:

cbutcher_0-1628757865870.png

cbutcher_1-1628757899685.png

Here I used a small number of samples per file, so you can see I'm creating lots of files pretty quickly. You probably want a larger number of samples per file for a real system (but I wanted to check it was working quickly).

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,231 Views)