From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS File Creates Multiple Tabs of Data. Want to create only one.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello NI Community,

I am currently using the DAQ Assistant with my string pots to record displacement over a long interval of time (see attached VI). I am then using the "Write To Measurement File" vi to save the data into a TDMS file (see the "Write to File Settings" picture attached for all settings chosen for file write). The file is being written, however when I open the TDMS file, the document creates a tab in Excel for every second of data recorded (please see the attached "). It looks like the TDMS file is grouping all the data from each second together and then creating a new group of data.

How do I get the file to write all the data onto a single tab instead of creating multiple? I do not want to have to concatenate hundreds of tabs into a single excel sheet.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,131 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cjwarren

You should not be using the comment.  I just removed that and it all worked for me.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(3,117 Views)

You are an NI hero.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,106 Views)

Harvey91_0-1621859757087.png

Double-click on the express VI and set Segment header to "One header only".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,354 Views)