LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS Add-in for Excel stopped working

Hi-

I have the TDMS Add-In installed for Excel and it was working fine, until I installed LV 8.6 (not sure if that's what did it, but that's the only change made to the machine..) Once LV 8.6 was installed the TDMS Add-In started showing up in the "National Instruments Software" section of Add/Remove Programs whereas it was "Excel TDM Add-in" prior.

The behaviour is that the Toolbar buttons show, but when you press them nothing happens.

I've tried un-installing TDMS Add-In from Windows CP, that removed the toolbar from Excel, but re-installing the TDMS Add-In doesn't fix it (buttons still do nothing).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(4,477 Views)

Hi Jeff,

Can you go into a little more detail...does the plug-in not work for all TDMS files (i.e. ones written in LV  8.6 and ones written in previous versions of LV)?

What version of Excel do you have?

What was the older version of LV that you had installed previously?

--Michelle

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(4,452 Views)

Hi,

I was looking through the posts, and thought this was rather interesting - I have seen/delt with customers using this in LabVIEW 8.6. They've never reported any issues.

I would agree with michelle, with the questions.

I am aware that labVIEW 8.6 and the Report Generation Toolkit needed to be upgraded to 1.1.3 and only works for new versions of Office (which caught customers out), could it be, that your using an older version of Excel...

However, when Im back in the office tomorrow - I will try out the toolkit with LabVIEW 8.6 - as I am yet to try it out.

Please respond with more information.

Kind Regards,  

Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(4,437 Views)

Hi,

Please reply to the questions previous.

I have tried it with labVIEW 8.6 TDMS generated file - this obviously wouldn't make a different what version it was made with - as its a standard.

Im not sure if the installation of LabVIEW 8.6 would have caused this error..

I would maybe check what version of the TDMS Add-in your using and the version of Office (maybe re-intsall the Add-in).

More info is the summary!

Kind Regards 

Kind Regards
James Hillman
Applications Engineer 2008 to 2009 National Instruments UK & Ireland
Loughborough University UK - 2006 to 2011
Remember Kudos those who help! 😉
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 20
(4,422 Views)

Hi, I have experienced this problem several times. Each time the button becomes unusable, it seems after a big crash if you have several instances of excel open then this might happen. I have to remove the program through add/remove programs, reinstall and then it works again.

-Aaron

Message Edited by WindNRG on 10-16-2008 10:02 AM
Message 5 of 20
(4,408 Views)

I had this happen before too and i'm too lazy to search for where i found the solution but i'm pretty sure if you goto Tools->Customize and then scroll down to TDM importer and delete it you can just reinstall the add-in and it should work again!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(4,396 Views)

WindNRG and BrentSchenk,

What version of the plug-in and Excel are you using? Are you both on LV 8.6?

--Michelle

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(4,377 Views)

Hi,

I am using excel plug in 2.0.1.14 and Labview 8.6.

Message Edited by WindNRG on 10-17-2008 01:32 PM
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(4,364 Views)

my tdm plugin is 2.0.1.14 and LabVIEW 8.5 although i have 8.6, just not installed yet

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(4,356 Views)
What version of Excel are you two using?
--Michelle

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(4,311 Views)