From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDM Importer in Excel 2003 does not appear in the COM Add-In Menu

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a program that will create a TDMS file with the data, and after execution is complete, I would like to import the data into Excel and manipulate it using a macro. I can import the file manually and run the macro by opening a second file containing the macro, but opening up the second file is a hassle.

I would like to expand the macro so that it automatically imports the TDMS file, and based on what I've seen on the forums, in order to do this, I need to register the TDM importer as a COM Add-In. When I go to the COM menu in Excel and try to add ExcelTDM.dll, it does not appear in the menu.

Some additional details that may be helpful:

Excel TDM Importer is version 3.4.0.0

I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the importer

Using the Excel toolbar works to import the data

Double-clicking on a file works to import the data

The installed files are located at C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\TDM Excel Importer. Moving them to C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Excel TDM had no effect.

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,502 Views)

I've already looked through all of the official literature that NI provides as well as perused the discussion boards for anything on this topic. If I'm overlooking something, please let me know, but the steps in the link you provided and the further links on the page are ones that I have already attempted with no success.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,470 Views)

Update: I attempted uninstalling the add-in once again. In addition to using Add or Remove Programs, I deleted the downloaded files and the folders the add-in was stored in. I downloaded and installed the latest version (3.4). Still no success getting it to load on the COM Add-ins menu

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,463 Views)

Does the simple VBA example as described here:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/10207/en

work in your case?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,458 Views)

@StefanR wrote:

Does the simple VBA example as described here:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/10207/en

work in your case?

No, it doesn't. Excel does not see the add-in in the COM Add-In window, so I cannot access it using VBA.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,451 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dboman

I didn't see the TDM Importer in the COM Add-ins, but the VBA ran fine... 

I tested it on a clean machine with Excel 2003 and TDM Importer 3.4.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,440 Views)

Can you please provide OS and bitness?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,431 Views)

Mavis, I'm not sure how I failed to try that. Thank you for pointing that out.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,423 Views)