LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP error invalid parameter

Hi,
Based on your example PDA TCP Data server/client, i am building an application for PDA control and monitoring using labview 8.0. I kept the server vi (the one i run on the computer) as a stand alone program to test it with the corresponding PDA program and do all my modifications. Everything has been successful so far, but when i transfered the server part to my big application, I get on run-time this error message:
Error 1 occured at TCP Close Connection
An input parameter is invalid
That error never occured when i use the original "stand alone" server vi. and it is not systematic in my application, sometimes it does not occur... which maked it more intriguing... The error happens in the first "TCP Close connection", the one that receives as input the Connection ID from "TCP Wait on Listerner". I have attached a picture of the the block diagram.
Any reason and solution for that error is much appreciated
Best,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,955 Views)

Hi PolySam,

Please show/attach more of the diagram (the first thing I did was try to drag the error-dialog out of the way! Smiley Tongue -).

I'm interested in whether the connections being closed are actually two different references, and whether the nested-loop-reference is created outside the loop (not sure it needs to be "saved" in shift-register, though that's a seperate subject.)

Cheers!

"Inside every large program is a small program struggling to get out." (attributed to Tony Hoare)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,875 Views)

Hi tbd,

Please find attached a picture of the block diagram, the reason i did not attach the vi is that the "stand-alone" vi that only contains this code (the server) does not produce any error, but when i transfered (in other words "copied") this code in my bigger application, i had that TCP close error.

Thanks again for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,756 Views)

Hi PolySam,

It looks like your WaitOnListener will timeout every 3 sec and pass a null-reference to the Close(?)  Try moving the Close inside the "No Error" case of the "WaitOnListener" error.

Cheers!

"Inside every large program is a small program struggling to get out." (attributed to Tony Hoare)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,745 Views)

Yes indeed, timeout every 3 sec is very quick, i tried with different times, and if i don't connect from the PDA during that time period, the timeout will produce the error !

i removed it completely, let it wait forever !

thx tbd

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,638 Views)