LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP TRANSFER DATA

Solved!
Go to solution

If you wanted to transfer the values of Numeric 1, Numeric 2, Numeric 3, Numeric 4 & Numeric 5 using the method discussed above you would do something like this

TransferNumericValues.png

Hope this helps

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(677 Views)

Hello,

I do this, but when I want to read in server and I use Unflatten From String and unbundle I obtain an indicator not a control.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(674 Views)

Hello,

I do this, but when I want to read in server and I use Unflatten From String and unbundle I obtain an indicator not a control.

Maybe, I would have to do a new tcp communication changing the roles?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(663 Views)

cristina.lopez wrote:

Use a Local Variable to update a control.  Note that is it usually really bad UI to have the code manipulating controls that the user should be using.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(658 Views)

Hi Christina

It is probably best to think about it as data rather than a Control or Indicator.  I agree with crossrulz,  firstly question why you need to update controls in your Server.  Could you change your Server to better accept the data being received (is there a better way to do things)?   If not then use a local variable to update your controls.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(651 Views)

My goal is following:

I have three .vi  one in FPGA , one in Host-target and one in Host-computer and I want handle all program from the computer, and in this .vi i want to change the control for they'll change in target (host and fpga), so that, I want see the controls and indicators in conputer (server)

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(645 Views)

Hi Cristina,

did you create an example project for your PC host/ RT host/ FPGA system?

LabVIEW comes with such examples - the communication is explained in them quite well…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(642 Views)

Hi Christina

GerdW is correct LabVIEW gives you the best possible start and does not expect you to start from the beginning each time.  Also there is plenty of information on ni.com, check this out as an example.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(637 Views)