LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP/IP communication to a 3rd party Hardware module

I want to communicate to a hardware module which is connected through LAN as well as can be connected as a Wi-Fi device. This 3rd party module(Hi-Link's RM04) converts the data received through TCP/IP protocol to RS232. Its a protocol changer module. I have simply created an Applicaton to Write a character and the module which is connected through LAN must convert that data to put it on the RS232 serial connector.

I am getting an error while running the application. The data is not transmitted to the device.

Can anyone help me out in this.

Regards,

Ather

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,011 Views)

Hi,

Could tell in detail what type of an error. I mean the error code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,959 Views)

Its Error code 66.

I also want to know that its necessary to use both the TCP/IP client and server side VI's ?? 

The application for which I am doing is I just want to make a single LV application client side which sends data to the module and it's received on the TCP/IP socket, I mean i know the IP address and port no. of the device.

Kindly guide me.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,935 Views)

Hi,

The problem is that, the device is not listening. I think you should start the server side first and then the client also make sure the u have enough time for listening on server side. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,910 Views)

Hi,

The thing is that the server is a module it has no LV application running on it, the only thing i had is the client VI running on my PC which is used to connect through LAN or Wi-Fi and communicate whatever I am writing it in the Write.VI but the things are not working my way.

Kindly reply and help me out of the problem.

I am creating an application on the PC which send commands to the module which is connected through LAN or Wi-Fi, but the module is not listening any thing.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,874 Views)

Hi,

I think there's some problem with the ports, if ports are not configured properly then this kind off communication happens. Check the ports. Do u have written any code for server? if so, which language is it?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,868 Views)

The port number is correct.

No i dont have written any code for the server side.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,838 Views)

hi,

Could you please give the details of the server u are using.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,811 Views)

hi,

Could you please give the details of the server u are using.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,811 Views)

It's a serial to Wi-Fi converter device:

Hi-Link HLK-RM04  

I am attaching the device's datasheet.

Kindly help me I am unable to connect my device via Wi=Fi.

Regards,

Ather

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,793 Views)