cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP/IP Error 59/63 in NI LabVIEW to communicate with Eurotherm 3504

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I need to control the Temperature of an Oven with LabVIEW with the help of Eurotherm 3504.

I am been trying to figure out the basics of the MODBUS Toolkit as I can connect the LabVIEW to the Eurotherm 3504 with the help of Ethernet.

However, everytime I run a basic VI to read the Data from the 3504, I get a mix of TCP/IP Error 59 / 63, which suggests that the network is down.

Enclosing a snippet of the BD I have been working on,

1.PNG

Hence, may I please request the attention of folks who have had success with the Eurotherm 3504 or other devices with TCP/IP if they can help me in establishing the connection.

I found a helpful video over the Internet regarding setting up TCP/IP over the Internet. Have attached the link for your kind reference,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H18jsb-mBws

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me figure out as to where I am going wrong.

Kind Regards,

Jalashwa

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,231 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jalashwa

Hi Sindhurakshak,

is there a reason to open and close the connection within each iteration of your loop?

Open the connection before entering the loop, close the connection after leaving the loop!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(5,228 Views)

Hi Gerd,

Thanks for the lightning quick reply.

I am have also tried just having an Open Connection coupled to a close connection without any loop in the hope of just establishing a connection and nothing else.

Hasn't worked out. 

I get an error Initialize Master.vi->Modbus Master.lvclass: Initialize.vi-> API Main.lvlib: Create TCP Master.vi->name of my VI

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,209 Views)

Hi Sindshurakshak,

I don't have those MODBus functions installed - but aren't your computer the CLIENT in this MODBus communication?

Your Eurotherm should be the master which serves those read/write requests…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 5
(5,187 Views)

Hi Gerd,

As I have been reading online in the TCP/IP my computer would be the Client which sends the command  and the device wherein it gets implemented is the Server. So my computer is the Master / Client and the Eurotherm is the Slave/ Server.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,158 Views)