LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP/IP Communication

Hi

i have been using TCP/IP to check its throughput capacity . i have a sender vi sending 4096 bytes and a receiver vi. sender has 30 different ports to write the data on one Rx IP address (V4, 1Gb Ethernet). I am receiving the data on 30 ports at receiving side (in parallel and serial "different vi's"). The vi on the receiver side has unpredictable behavior, sometimes it runs fine like rocket and some times it give error 66 (Rx side after running for like 5/10 loops iterations) and subsequently error 56 (Tx side). what i have figured out that receiver got stuck and the Tx Connection manager dropped the connection with error 56 followed by error 66 generated by Rx.  It is important to mention that error 56 occurs only on port 1 out of 30 ports rest 29 are Tx/RX fine.

i have tried to make my code run by forcing Rx side "not to drop the connection at error 56" as a result the loop that seems stuck after 5/10 iterations (after being paused) keeps on running and Rx fine on every port. Is this the only method to make it work ????? or i am doing something wrong...... (Attachment is of serial Rx vi)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,053 Views)

Please attach the complete VIs (as native VI files, so we can see Front Panel and all elements of Block Diagram).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,025 Views)

Attached are the Vi's (Rx is Parallel ports)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,006 Views)

Plz do remember that it is in LabVIEW 2012, thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,003 Views)

If you have parallel processes (ports), you probably want to handle them in parallel.

This goes for both sides, although the side that's in control can pretty much do as it pleases. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(989 Views)

I have been doing in serial as well in my Rx side Vi but same problem. you can see in my first post attachments Client Vi Snap where I am reading data in a For loop . so weather in parallel or series (one by one) the Rx Vi gets stuck at some point of time and TX  (Generates error 56 ) which removes the port may it be due to time out . Rx when wake up suddenly asking for its port to communicate which is now removed by Tx gives error 66 is  the result. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(945 Views)