LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Configuration 'Find Hardware' can't see daqmx expert when built to EXE

Hi everyone!

I have a problem with System Configuration API not finding any DAQmx hardware when an application is built to EXE.

When I run the code from LabVIEW environment there is no problem, all my hardware (real and simulated) is discovered and listed. However when I run it from built application I get an error:

error.png

daqmx isn't listed by 'Get System Experts' VI from EXE.

I tried reinstalling DAQmx and System Configuration with no result.

LabVIEW v21

DAQmx v21.8

System Configuration v21.5

Thank you for help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,127 Views)

Same PC on which you run the LabVIEW program?

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,091 Views)

Hi rolfk,

Yes, it's the same machine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,089 Views)

I've never used "Get System Experts".  To find attached DAQmx devices, I've always used something like the following to find specific or groups of devices -- this works identically (for me, anyway) in Development or Executable modes.  [I have, successfully, used the System call that looks for remote TCP/IP targets, very handy if there is a particular IP I want to use as a target for Network Streams -- such code also works find in Development and Executable modes].

Find DAQ Device.png

Bob Schor

Message 4 of 8
(1,081 Views)

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your suggestion!

Your solution indeed works well both in executable and in development modes. However I specifically used System Configuration API to check whether the device is present in the system. In my case (various cDAQ-9185 chassis, frequently disconnected/connected from the LAN) it is quite annoying to see the devices listed by DAQmx System property that are not present in the system. I can't find anything from DAQmx nodes that matches System Configuration's 'isPresent' property, but I may be missing something.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,051 Views)

I don't have any issues with LabVIEW 2022 Q3, NI-DAQmx 2022 Q4 and NI-SystemConfig 2022 Q4.

ZYOng_0-1674138568784.png

Message 6 of 8
(1,033 Views)

In my reply, I also said "I have, successfully, used the System call that looks for remote TCP/IP targets, very handy if there is a particular IP I want to use as a target for Network Streams -- such code also works find in Development and Executable modes", which is how I find the "connected RIOs".  For IMAQdx, there are similar calls that will list the available cameras if you are doing video stuff, and the list probably goes on ...

Bob Schor

Message 7 of 8
(1,003 Views)

Hi ZYOng,

I've upgraded LabVIEW, NI-DAQmx and NI-SystemConfig to matching versions with you and still can't get it to work... Then I guess the problem is specific to my machine.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(953 Views)