cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronously Get and manuplate Data

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Zahid,

have you managed to implement your problem using Gerd's and Bob's suggestions yet?
You can find information about MAX and using the VISA test panel to test instrument control here:

What Is Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX)?
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/71544521BDE34FFB86256FCF005F4FB6

Sending Hexadecimal Commands in a VISA Test Panel

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/19B075803E013125862575CF006B37F8

If you post your VI, we might be able to give you advice on how to implement the task you're trying to accomplish.

Regards,

Jacques Scheller
Staff Applications Engineer, NI Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer, Certified TestStand Developer
Message 11 of 14
(829 Views)
Solution
Accepted by zahidkjatoi

Temp.png

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 12 of 14
(819 Views)

@zahidkjatoi wrote:

Dear Bob Schor,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for so much questioning. Actually i don't know about MAX. I am a new user of labview.

Zahid,

I see you are running LabVIEW 2014 (I can tell from the VI you attached on your first Post, one of the reasons it is important to post VIs, not pictures of code).  If you look on the Desktop of the PC running LabVIEW, you should see the Icon for NI MAX, which looks like this:  NI MAX.png

This is the Measurement and Automation eXplorer, which can connect to your hardware, allow you to configure it, and allow you to send it commands to do things (so you can test out command sequences, turn Digital Outputs on and off, sample data on Analog Inputs, etc.).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(789 Views)

Are you communicating with a single device, or talking to two devices?

If you are talking to a single device, then you should only have one VISA reference control.  Right now you have two and one is set for Com10 and the other is set for nothing by default.

Sorry, the second control was offscreen. 

Both were set for Com10.  So that seems like you are talking to a single device.  In which case you should use a single VISA Com reference.  You can't have two sets of code wired up in parallel.  It is likely you'll send command A, then send command B and you'll have no control over which VISA read gets which response.

Make sure things are wired up in series with respect to the purple wire and the error wire and you shouldn't have a  problem.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(782 Views)