LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronizing PXIe-6361 AI with XNET-CAN

Hello everyone,

I have a PXI chassis (PXIe-1073) with two modules inside: one PXI 6361 and one PXI 8512 module. And would like to synchronize one analog input of the PXI 6361 with the XNET card (which receives CAN messages). Unfortunately I didn't find any examples for my case. Has anyone already experience in this?

Thanks for your help!

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,464 Views)

Can you explain what do you mean by synchronize ? Start receiving CAN Messages once the AI signal reaches a predefined value as a sort of trigger....?

CLD Using LabVIEW since 2013
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,444 Views)

Hello kartiknattar,

I would like to measure the position from two different devices (sensor and reference). The sensor communicates via CAN and the reference is connected to the input of the DAQ module. I want to synchronize the data, so I can get the deviation of the sensor signal.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,442 Views)

Hi Zweimercedes,

Have you found any example on this? Lately I have met the same request from my customer. If you have any clue or material, would you please share with me?

Thanks in advance!

Zhaoyong Wu

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,405 Views)

Hello Zhaoyong,

Currently I am not working on this project. But I found this example from NI which comes very near to my case: Synchronize XNET CAN with X Series DAQ

I also got one code from a collegue, which is working but it's written in CVI. I can tell from the code that it's all about the initialization of the DAQ and XNET.

Kind regards,

Zweimercedes

Message 5 of 8
(2,400 Views)

Thanks Zweimercedes!

This is really helpful for me to understand the synchronization mechanism. Actually my customer is seeking solution based on .NET language like C# and I haven't found any existing example. Do you happen to have some clue?

Thanks again!

Best Regards,

Zhaoyong Wu

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,397 Views)

Hello Zhaoyong,

I am not very familiar with C#, but I could offer a code example in C. I uploaded the c- and header-files to the attachments. You can view the c- and h-files with a standard code viewer. Wish you good luck for your project!

Kind regards,

Zweimercedes

Message 7 of 8
(2,391 Views)

Thanks Zweimercedes!

This is helpful!

Zhaoyong Wu

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,376 Views)