cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronizing AO for Multiple PXIe 6341 Modules in a Single Chassis PXIe 1073

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I would like to sync the AO of 2 modules. I tried different things I saw online but no luck until now.

In summary: I am using the Ai Start trigger to sync the Ais and AOs of one module and I would like to add the AOs of another module (see figure attached). Do you have recommendations on how to do this?syncsync

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,287 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Edite

Since you show both AO tasks and your AI tasks having the same sample rate, you could get rid of all the unnecessary trigger stuff and simply share the AI sample clock.

Your call to DAQmx Timing.vi for the AO tasks would specify "/PXI1Slot2/ai/SampleClock" as the clock source.  You've already got the necessary sequencing in place to make sure the AI task starts last.

Another method I tend to prefer is to make a counter pulse train output task that my other tasks use as their sample clock.  This lets me do things like generate AO on the *leading* edge of the clock while capturing AI on the *trailing* edge.  This gives the system a little time to respond to the new AO value before capturing the AI response.  With a counter pulse train, I can control the duty cycle to maximize the amount of time available for system response while still getting all my AI done before the next AO update.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 2 of 3
(1,261 Views)

Thank you Kevin, this solved my issue!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,229 Views)