LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize two VI

Hello,

I have one simple question. For my project I am working with a high speed camera and a spinning unit consisting of a motor. I have two seperate VIs for controlling the camera and the spinning unit. I control the spinning unit with the help of a control board using VISA read and write.Camera is controlled by vision developement functions. Now i want to combine these two VIs into one and synchronize their working. Controlled board is pre-programmed such a way that when we write command "11" to it , the spinning unit starts its motor and sends an external trigger signal to the camera to start working. Now I just want to do this in one single VI (both starting of spinning unit and camera accqusition). I am attaching both the VIs for the reference.

Regards. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,713 Views)

Hi,

If I understand correctly the camera vi is waiting for a signal of the motor vi. You could use queues for that (like a producer-consumer). If you add a timeout to the "Dequeue"and "Enqueue"-functions you can execute the Vi even if there is no new element in the queue.

Hope that solves your problem.

Anna

Anna Vogl
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,658 Views)

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3023/en/

Anna Vogl
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4