From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize a PIV camera to an accelerometer signal

Hi everyone,

I am trying to synchronize a PIV camera to an accelerometer signal. Practically the accelerometer produces an analogical voltage signal that is acquired by a PXI-4472B. I want that the PIV camera takes an image every time the accelerometer signal reaches a certain value that I decide. The PIV equipment can receive a TTL signal from 0 to 5 V (and a minimum duration of 1 ms) as trigger input.

I suppose that this should be a very frequent task in PIV but I haven't found an example from which I could build my program (also because of my limited knowledge of LabVIEW). Has someone got a program or an example that carries out a job similar to mine? Thanks

My hardware is:

PXI-4472B for input

PCI-6036E with BNC-2110 for output

LabVIEW 8.5

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,118 Views)

I dont know if there is a way to generate this Trigger signal directly from the hardware (either from PXI-4472B or from PCI-6036E). Now if you choose to give the responsibility of generating Trigger signal to software (your LabVIEW program commands PCI-6063E to generate Trigger signal, based on whatever condition), that can be done, but I am afraid, this will not be deterministic.

Now there are many different options available to write a code for above requirement.

1. You can include a LV2G (Functional global) with 'Creating Task', 'Generating Pulse', 'Clearing Task' modes. Keep this LV2G in the accelerometer acquisition loop and everytime based on the condition you may want to execute this LV2G.

2. Another approach could be, include a parallel loop, which will continuously monitor the condition and will generate the signal.

To generate the digital trigger:

1. You can choose to write a waveform (need to create a digital waveform constant).

2. You can also simply choose to use Digital write.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,104 Views)