From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize AI and DI across mulitple devices on PXI with DAQmx

I have a PXI chassis with multiple M-series and PXI-6528 digital I/O cards.  I am able to synch the Analog inputs across multiple M cards using DAQmx, but I am not able to get it to work when I add digital inputs (either from one of the M-series cards or the 6528).  I get some error when I try to route the ai/sample clock from one of my M-series cards to a daqmx trigger on the digital card - even for digital inputs on another M-series card.  I am using the DAQmx/synchronization/mulitple device examples in Labview 8.2 and have also looked around here a little bit but cant find an example of how to do this.  This DAQmx stuff is kind of new to me and I dont have much experience with it, could someone please modify one of the examples mentioned above or just walk me through this - it doesnt seem like it should be a difficult process to synch this inputs.  I'm just a little frustrated with it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,468 Views)
Sorry, I didnt have enough coffee yet.

I am trying to route the ai/sample clock of one of the M-series cards to a DAQmx Timing vi on the digital input process and a ai/StartTrigger to a DAQmx Tigger vi in the digital input process.  Does this make more sense?  Still not enough coffee Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Mad
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,462 Views)

Wow, isnt it something how a fresh start and a new day can make everything so clear?

I sat down this morning, halfway through my first cup of coffee, and sloved this issue. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,449 Views)
Glad you figured it out, coffee is great! 🙂  Please post again if you have any more problems.

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,
Erik J.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,421 Views)