LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronization of two CAN-cards via RTSI?

Hello Ex-jobb

Ok, I think I get an idea of what you want to do. Take a look at the attached code (LabVIEW 7.0). One card exports its own clock (used for timestamping incoming frames) and the other card is programmed to use the same signal for its own timestamping. That way, both cards time stamp incoming frames based on the same clock and there won’t be any drift.

Regards,
-B2k
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(537 Views)
Hello!

Oh that was a nice example! We will have a closer look at this! Maybe we will return to you with some moore question
🙂 Thank you very much!!
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(529 Views)
Hello again!

We have had a look at your example and now we have modified it a bit so you can see how we want to use the can-ports. If there is possible to do something like that we have done or do we have to (because of the ncConnectTerminals.vi) configurate each can-card separate. We send you VI modified but not the complete program because it is too big.

Thank you and best regards.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(530 Views)
Hello Ex-jobb

One important thing about the example I created, is that the routing of the CLK signal has to be done board-wise, not port-wise. If you have a (unsorted) list of CAN ports you need to find out first which of those handles are for ports on different boards. You can use the ncGetAttr.vi (SerialNumber) function to figure out programmatically, whether two interfaces are of the same board or not (see attached screenshot). You just need to perform the 'connects' on the list of handles that contain ports from different boards (half as many handles).

Regarding the Mask and Comparator settings: As you are using Series 2 CAN hardware, you might want to use the Series 2 Filter settings rather than the fields of the configuration cluster. For more information on the Series 2 filters, see the corresponding section in the online help (CTRL+H) for the ncSetAttr.vi

Regards,
-B2k
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(521 Views)