cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronization of 4474 and 6733 with RTSI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have some problems with synchronization of PCI 4474card and PCI 6733 card with (over) RTSI cable. I use 4474 as AI and 6733 as AO generator, AI and AO are connected together, and RTSI cable is plugged in (and also adjusted in MAX, and cards are added).

PCI 4474 as a Master, and 6733 as Slave, I used the example from M Series Synchronization with LabVIEW and NI-DAQmx (fig. 5.) - and I removed DAQmx timing property nodes because they produce some error.

I want to use the same clock, start trigger and triggering for these two cards, synchronize them as much as possible, to have some stabile deterministic phase between them (some small or none). But I have a problem, the acquisition with 4474 starting too late so it catch some data from previous iteration, and they don´t look synchronized...

I find a bunch of posts, but there is always something different, they use PXI card, matlab... different cards...

Please find attached the program code and front panel of one experiment.

Thank You!

Additional info:

-windows XP

-labview 2011

-latest drivers and toolbox

-dell PC (so the 6733 really working 🙂 )

OMNIA IN NUMERO ET MENSURA

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,128 Views)

I add the [I/O /dev2/ai/SampleClock]--------to-------->[DAQmx Timing (sample Clock).vi] for slave 6733 card, so now I´m syncronized but still i have some delta t at the begining of measurement, they are not triggered at the same moment.

One down one to go!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,122 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dokmo

And after that, I have a very stabile late of AD card, which I can compensate by skipping the first data, and all other are rotated for N data.

Thank You dokmo you help me a very much, some times I think that You are some sort of genius!

Two down zero to go!

OMNIA IN NUMERO ET MENSURA

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,113 Views)