cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronisation of M series master device and X series slave device

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I was just looking for confirmation that I can use the method shown in figure 5 in this article http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3615/en to synchronise my M (PCI 6221) and X (PCIe 6351) series cards and that the M series has to be the master device?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,154 Views)
Solution
Accepted by CJW1800

Chris,

since M- and X-Series are very comparable in their featureset for synchronization, this should work the same. The only thing you have to make sure before hand:

Have a RTSI installed and configured.

The M-Series does not need to be the master, the X-Series can also do this unless you select the 100MHz clock of the X-Series....

You can also synchronize in a way like shown in figure 3....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 5
(2,150 Views)

Hi Norbert,

Thanks for the reply and confirmation of the method. I do have a RTSI installed, although that was one of the things I forgot about when first setting it up!

Does your suggestion of using the method in figure 3 apply, because that is in the section to do with multifunction synchronisation not multidevice synchronisation?

Cheers

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,146 Views)

Chris

yes, it should also work because the source of the slave device clock is configured to "listen to" /Dev1/.

Once RTSI is configured correctly, it should do the trick already. If not, you have to route the clock manually....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,142 Views)

Brilliant, that would make it a bit simpler!

Thanks for clearing this up.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,139 Views)