LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching over once button is pressed

Thanks for the help so far everyone! I have this VI almost working. It does 'almost' what i want. It switches within program but not quite how i want. It does it on a time basis and i dont want this.

My current system works by pressing a button on my testing kit and recording the result. Within the singlemode loop i then need it to switch to the return loss loop. Press a button and record return loss. I only want it to switch once the test has been completed. Not on a timely basis.as it is at the moment (loop1 loop0 loop1 loop0). I also am trying to send a string out (write buffer) to the serial port so it automatically switches over  from IL to RL and then back again. The issue i have is i send that to the write buffer(REL1550 & RET11550) on the serial line but it keeps showing up within my read buffer and is not switching over my kit.

Please help!

I hope this makes some sense!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,145 Views)

Hi Printerman,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments. Having looked at your code, I don't think that it is changing from one loop to the next. Your conditional teminal has either 0 or 1 but is wired to the While loop iteration terminal. This will go up as the program is run so I suspect the loops will go from Loop 0, Loop 1, Loop 1.... this is certainly what I have witnessed with highlight execution enabled. 

If you don't want these loops to be time dependant, I would suggest that you use an Event structure. I have linked an article that explains the basic operation and I would suggest looking at the following example.

Draw Graph with Events.vi

Please let me know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Andrew McLennan
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,091 Views)