LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch until released myRIO / cRIO

Hi

I would like to control a stepper motor with buttons on the Front panel. They should have the function of switching until released.

But when I try to run the VI on myRIO or cRIO the attached error message occur.

Could anyone tell me how I can run those VI's on real hardware or how to cheat / create another way of getting the data of how long the button is pushed?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,426 Views)

Hi haagy,

those "until released"-options work "in the frontpanel". But as myRIO and cRIO VIS don't have frontpanels (as those RIOs don't support monitors) you cannot use this switch mode!

Did you take the beginner tutorials on RIO?

Did you examine the example projects explaining how to control your RIO devices from a host PC?

Do you know how to communicate between RIO and PC?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,419 Views)

Dear Gerd

Thank you for your helpful information, I think I have quite a lot of stuff to learn. In the end we want to control the cRIO with a front panel displayed on the touch panel computer from NI. So could we run for example the „switch until released“ on the touch panel computer and use it directly to control the outputs of the cRIO? Or what would be the best way?

Thank you very much!

haagy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,393 Views)

@haagy wrote:Or what would be the best way?

Create a PC application that will run on the PC connected to the touch screen.  You can implement all of the GUI you need there.  Use TCP/IP or Network Streams to send messages to the cRIO.  The cRIO can read those messages and react accordingly.  Use a similar method to send status updates back to the PC.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,379 Views)