cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swap Sides for Scales on Front Panel Tanks and Vessels

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

Very simple question here. I want to swap sides for the scale on my Front Panel Tanks and more specifically DSC vessels like Pressurized Tank. 

This is very easy to do with a Waveform Chart or Graph but seems to be impossible with Tanks and Vessels.

This would be very handy, especially for DSC processes where I'm trying to mimic process flow on the Front Panel and pipes could enter tanks from different sides.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,694 Views)

You should be able to swap the sides programmatically using property nodes>>scale>>position>>left. To create a property node right click on the vessel indicator and select create property node. You will have to experiment to get it where you want it. The only problem is the indicator numbers will be between the vessel and the tick markers. Note that you will need to change the property node to write.

Hope this helps.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
Message 2 of 12
(3,686 Views)

Hi GovBob,

Thanks a lot for your idea! 

Yes, I had already tried that and I noted what you did: that the indicator numbers are now between the vessel and the tick markers, making a look a bit unnatural. Additionally, if I ever change the Front Panel position or size of the tank, then I have to rewrite the position of the scale. I could, of course, read the

position of the tank itself first and then add on an offset and write it to the scale position, assuming that the tank always stayed the same size.

It seems a bit of work to do and I wondered if there wasn't a solution already available that I was overlooking.

Might I suggest to the LV developers that adding the "swap sides" to tanks and vessels would be a very handy property addition?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,675 Views)
You could suggest it on the Idea Exchange. Another option is to customize the indicator they way you want it. Maybe you could get the proper scale off of a different control and add it to your customized control. I haven't tried this but it might be possible. I imagine too that you could do it with a picture control.
Message Edited by GovBob on 02-04-2010 01:49 PM
Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
Message 4 of 12
(3,670 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,658 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JamesDean
Here's a tank with the scale on the right. Just took a couple of minutes with the control editor.
Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 02-04-2010 01:23 PM
Message 6 of 12
(3,656 Views)

You may have forgotten to attach it?

Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,649 Views)
Yes I did. It's there now.
Message 8 of 12
(3,644 Views)

Fantastic!

Thank you very much for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,638 Views)

Okay, I'm trying to do the same thing with other tanks from the DSC palette but am having little success.

Might I humbly ask how you customized that tank so that the scale shows up on the right? It seems that you didn't just place a scale from another object there beside the tank because I can change scale properties of the tank and the scale on the right changes.

Many thanks again for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,613 Views)