Did you mean: 

Survey for LabVIEW users

Help us make LabVIEW better!

Online survey, 15-30 minutes, $10 prizes 

http://experiments.eecs.oregonstate.edu/eureuse/info/labview.html

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27
(3,849 Views)
Since this appears to be related to University research, can you give us more info about the research than is provided in the pdf?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27
(3,817 Views)

Sure. We are a group of software engineering researchers at Oregon State University. Our goal is to provide useful tools, methods and models to facilitate code reuse by a wide range of programmers -- including the scientists and engineers who use tools like LabVIEW. Our survey will help us understand the reasons why people do or don't choose to reuse code, as well as how they go about making those decisions. You can read more about our research at http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~cscaffid/papers.shtml

Feel free to email me if you'd like more info.

cscaffid@eecs.oregonstate.edu  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
(3,799 Views)
PS: One of my colleagues at National Instruments asked me to point out again that this survey is run by Oregon State University, not National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27
(3,796 Views)

Interesting research you've got going there.

I'm not sure how easy it is to change the survey now, but it some of the questions could use a "not applicable" answer.

For instance if people click "never" for reusing code with the few questions, many of the other questions (such as using code only from people the user trusts) is no longer applicable as they don't reuse code.

Sure you could use "strongly disagree", but that would also give the appearance  of using code from untrusted people, while "strongly agree" would give the appearance of still reusing code from other people, albeit trusted ones.

I'll complete it if I get some spare time later.

Message 5 of 27
(3,740 Views)
I didn't finish the survey. After the third page of somewhat patronizing as I felt questions about nothing but spreadsheets I got the feeling that this survey is a bit of a joke.
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 6 of 27
(3,710 Views)

Hi,

I continued until the MathPrograms section started with exactly the same questions...

What has this survey to do with LabVIEW at all?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 7 of 27
(3,703 Views)
I compleyed the survey but there was not a single word even remotely rhyming with labVIEW..:smileyindifferent:
Message 8 of 27
(3,686 Views)

cscaffid wrote:

Help us make LabVIEW better!  

How in the world will this survey help make LabVIEW better?  You're guilty of doing something underhanded.  I don't know what it is, but I've never seen anybody more guilty of it than you. 😄

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 9 of 27
(3,677 Views)

Jim,

One sure thing. Reading so much of texts will make you like labVIEW even better... :smileywink:

Message 10 of 27
(3,673 Views)