From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress Non maximum edges - to produce thin edges

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to produce thin edges of an image. I have managed to  find the edges. All I want is to have a thin edges instead of a thick one.
I know there is one technique called Suppress non mavimum edges , but how can I implement it?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,555 Views)
Hello aaz,

When you refer to suppressing nonmaximum edges, I am assuming you are talking about the Canny Edge Detection algorithm with smooths the image to eliminate noise, finds the image gradient to highlight regions with high spatial derivatives. and then tracks along these regions and suppresses any pixel that is not at the maximum.  More information about this process can be found at:

Canny Edge Detection Tutorial.

We do offer a Canny Edge Detection VI in our Vision Development Module software package. The VI uses this specialized edge detection method to accurately estimate the location of edges even under conditions of poor signal-to-noise ratios.  I hope this helps.

Vu

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,532 Views)