LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for setting up a new PXI system

*******Apologies for posting in a different location. I did this to have more suggestions. Orginal post here.*******

Hi all,
We are planning to setup a PXI system for the computer control of our new experiment. I have few questions:

1. Our choice for analog output card is PXIe-6739. The datasheet mentions a maximum update rate of 1 MS/s if we use upto 16 channels after which it drops to 350 kS/s. But it also says this is the update rate if we use one channel per bank (1 bank = 4 channels as per pin-out). This card has 64 output channels, so 16 banks.

My question is, if for 10 banks I use one channel per bank and for renaming 6 banks I use all 4 channels per bank, can I have 10 fast channels with 1 MS/s update rate and 24 slow channels with 0.35 MS/s update rate?

2. Our choice for digital I/O card is PXIe-6537. The maximum TTL voltage it can generate is 3.3 V. Would standard TTL devices (of 5 V) respond to this 3.3 V? OR is there a way to pull-up 3.3 V to 5 V (the easiest way, and not by myself soldering a bank of amplifiers.)?

3. Does NI provide any PXIe/PXI compatible card which can produce a variable frequency time-base (clock) under hardware timing?? I would like to stress hardware timing for precision timing. A similar third party solution is like PulseBlasterESR-CompactPCI (LINK).

4. Are there any BNC breakout boxes for PXIe-6739 and PXIe-6537. The screw terminal ones are the only compatible I know, but we want BNC breakout boxes for these cards if available.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,918 Views)

Hi RPB,

why don't you call your local NI representative and discuss all your requirements with him/her directly?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,889 Views)

As mentioned, this is a duplicate thread, so let's keep all discussions in one place.. Continued here.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,870 Views)