From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suddenly reverted back to old style Icon Editor

Something is seriously messed up with my icon editor. I now suddenly see this monstrosity instead of the usual editor (attached image). I had not used the icon editing feature on this computer. But on my production machine, I have no issues.

System: Windows 10 x64, LabVIEW 2019-SP1-19.01f3 (32 and 64 bit).

I have tried, to no avail:

a) Manually synchronizing the icon library.

b) Repairing my install.

This isn't a huge deal, but it is annoying.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(884 Views)

I remember reading on the forums that if the newer editor can't load for some reason, with like corrupt or missing files, that it will revert to the older editor.  I would expect a repair install of LabVIEW would fix it but if not then I don't know what it could be.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(835 Views)

I've seen this before when there's problems with the file structure of the location it scans when it starts up.  Places like "Documents\LabVIEW Data\Glyphs" and "Documents\LabVIEW Data\Icon Templates".  Check to see that those locations are OK and that any files that it might scan (mostly PNG files) aren't corrupted.

If that doesn't work, you can install the source for the icon editor.  If you go here:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Enhanced-Icon-Editor/Icon-Editor-Source-Files-for-LabVIEW-2019/td-p/3925176

You will get files and instructions on how to replace the icon editor for 2019 with source code files that you can edit.

Now, these probably won't allow you to just start using them, as you'll probably have the same problems as you do now, whatever they are.  Like mentioned before, the IDE defaults to the old editor if the new one throws errors.

HOWEVER, you can add in debug logging and such into the code now that it's in source code.  Or you can look through it to see what it does on startup and see if any of those things cause an error running them in isolation.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(828 Views)